Portraits do not have to be professional quality, as long as they are over 1MB in size at 100 dpi and capture the subject’s face. This means you can take them with your smartphone. However, use the best camera on the phone. So that would be the back camera on the iPhone.
- One person per portrait! – only human faces!
- Capture just the face!
- No sunglasses!
- No protective facemasks!
- Some things that don’t count as faces are: pets, backs of heads, groups of people, and inanimate objects.
- Upload what you would share with your gramma
- We might crop your photo so that it fits with the others
- The best portraits are expressive, emotional, and captivating.
- They are more than pictures of smiling faces; they seem to reflect the personality and story behind the face!
- Don’t be afraid to smile really big or even make a silly face (if that’s your thing). One idea is to think of the idea of “We are All In this Together” and how you might convey this with just visual expression.
- Partially turned faces with eyes looking up or down with curiosity would be neat too-as though you are looking at the other portraits of people to make it dynamic.
It is your responsibility as the photographer to ensure you have permission to take, use and/or give this photo away to another party.
If you do not have a photo release for your model to sign here are some samples for this step: